Ancient Order of Asuryan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ancient Order of Asuryan

Warhammer guild - Order on Ironclaw

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Goodbye everyone.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grimaz
High Templar

Goodbye everyone. Empty
PostSubject: Goodbye everyone.   Goodbye everyone. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 5:46 am

Over the last few weeks I have been playing WAR less frequently and have been finding it hard to motivate myself into logging on. I took a break a while back as I was burnt out from WAR overkill and that did help in getting my interest back for a time, the Slayer also brought some fun back into the game. But once again the novelty has worn off and well this time I will be leaving for good. My sub runs out today and I won't be renewing it any time soon, if at all. I have been re-evaluating things and WAR doesn't really feature at all in my new plans. I have a strange trait where I don't seem to be able to maintain a happy medium and instead go to and from extremes. So I am selling my gaming comp and instead have brought a laptop and PS3. I may be able to play WAR on the laptop and if I can you may see me back. It is strange to think back to when I was in closed beta, WAR seemed like the ultimate MMORPG, everything was so new and awesome and I was so excited to finally be able to play a true dwarf. Funny how something that you enjoy so much can lose its shine so quickly and become just another normal thing with which to fill a few hours of the day.

For me the best memories of WAR come from the early days, the first weeks on Lustria server where we were all newbie’s and just starting to explore the new world given to us. It was there that I helped form and later was given leadership of Duraz Durakaz, an all dwarf guild. The early days of Duraz Durakaz were glorious! It was an awesome feeling to be leader to a group of my stout kin. The death of Lustria rattled us all but Duraz Durakaz was rebuilt but due to many factors it disbanded and faded into obscurity. Another guild that formed at the same time and fought alongside Duraz Durakaz through good and bad times was Ancient Order of Asuryan led by the then Archmage, Aurilian. For quite a while AOoA was smaller than Duraz Durakaz but out of the ashes of Lustria it was reborn and in this new reincarnation it rose to greatness!

For this Aurilian I thank you, you provided a home for myself and the refugees of Duraz Durakaz and shelter, friendship and leadership to all in the guild. Through your leadership and perseverance AOoA has become one of the truly great Ironclaw guilds. Now it is a new chapter for AOoA with Tobius as leader. Tobius I am sure you will do great things for the guild, you have some awesome ideas and brilliant officers to help you. I wish you and the guild all the best. To all the officers, keep up the good work!

To Charles, Gene and Skalf thank you for being there at the beginning of Duraz Durakaz, it was a great time to be a dwarf! Also to any other Duraz Durakaz members who may happen to read this, thank you for helping make DD what it was, an awesome guild.

I wish everyone all the best and hope that AOoA will continue to grow and prosper.

Cheers,
Grimaz Grudgesson
Back to top Go down

Goodbye everyone.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ancient Order of Asuryan  :: Public Forums :: Public Chat-
Jump to: